activemq-users mailing list archives

From RichardWang <>
Subject ActiveMQ 5.3.2 transportConnector uri="tcp://"
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2010 03:01:24 GMT

I use ActiveMQ 5.2.0. I was trying to upgrade it to 5.3.2 but had issues
when 5.3.2 was running on Linux. The ActiveMQ clients, including producers
and consumers, were unable to connect to the ActiveMQ server. Strangely,
this issue only existed on Linux, not on Windows. When I ran ActiveMQ 5.3.2
on Windows, all the clients were able to connect.

After lots of digging, I found out it's the transportConnector setting that
was causing the problem. I had this setting in activemq.xml:

<transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>

After I changed it to this:

<transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://"/>

The problem went away on Linux.

Is this a known issue in 5.3.2? Can anyone shed some light on why this was