activemq-users mailing list archives

From LaRockstar <jesper.spr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Topology Question - possible?
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 06:37:44 GMT

Joe Fernandez wrote:

> Why would you need to pass around the static information? The brokers that
> comprise your independent branches of the tree will forward messages
> through those branches.

Well, if I want to configure my node as a tree structure, yet use a
discovery mechanism -- If I use the built-in multicast discovery mechanism,
I will get a mesh structure, as you say. So, what I'm saying is that if I
use an external discovery mechanism, pass between the nodes the IP addresses
of the various nodes, and then instruct the nodes to connect in a tree
structure .. This is what I meant. Makes sense?

Joe Fernandez wrote:

> The T1 topic will be viewed as one, but make sure you configure forwarding
> bridges between the two brokers.

Ok .. will look into this.

btw. for the issues I'm addressing here, do you know of any good literature
about activemq that I could read?

Thanks!