activemq-users mailing list archives

From lokem <fula...@yahoo.com>
Subject HTTP 204 when consuming messages via REST servlet
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:23:59 GMT

Hi folks,

I'm using MessageServlet in ActiveMQ 5.3.1's demo webapp.  Placing a message
via POST works fine.  However, when consuming it via GET or DELETE, the
servlet returns either a HTTP 200 OK with the proper message or HTTP 204 No
Content.  I've tried adding the parameter value "consumer.prefetchSize=1" as
well as re-using the same session cookie; but the behavior is still the
same.

I have 10 messages in the queue which I'm trying to consume from.  Usually
the first GET/DELETE request returns the proper message (HTTP 200) while the
subsequent retries end up with HTTP 204 responses.

Here's the URL I usually use:

curl -X GET
"http://localhost:8161/demo/message/OUTGOING_QUEUE?readTimeout=500&type=queue"

Any help is greatly appreciated.