activemq-users mailing list archives

From huntc <>
Subject Problem subscribing to a topic after machine wakes from sleeping
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 02:01:01 GMT

Hi there,

I have a broker on machine A that publishes a topic for machine B to
subscribe to. Machine A shuts down each night at 12am and powers up at 5am.
Machine B sleeps at 12am and wakes up at 5am (as distinct from powering
down/up; just in case this is relevant).

What I'm finding is that when machine B sleeps/wakes it does not appear to
be connected to the topic any longer. I have verified this by observing that
there is no ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.&lt;topicname&gt; after about
12am (my Hyperic monitoring tool confirms this). In addition when I look at
the AMQ console on machine A after 5am, there is no connection for machine B
(where there was one the night before).

If I restart my subscriber application on machine B then all is again well.

I'm using AMQ v.5.3.1. In addition here is my Spring configuration for
subscribing for the topic:

  &lt;bean id="activeMQConnectionFactory"
    &lt;property name="brokerURL"
      value="tcp://" /&gt;
  &lt;bean id="jms-receiver"
    &lt;property name="connectionFactory" ref="activeMQConnectionFactory"

Any ideas on what I may be able to do to circumvent the issue I'm seeing?

Kind regards,