activemq-users mailing list archives

From johnluo1 <>
Subject hiding ssl store passwords
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 21:39:19 GMT

I want to use SSL for my transportConnector. But I don't want the passwords
to be either stored in activemq.xml or show up in command line.

1.) If I specify like following, password will be stored as clear text in
                keyStore="broker.ks" keyStorePassword="password"
                trustStore="client.ts" trustStorePassword="password"/>

2.)  If I use SSL_OPTS like following, and if I do a "ps -aef |grep
activemq", I will see the passwords in command line.

export SSL_OPTS=""

I have a standalone utility for getting the passwords. What would be the
easiest way to achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance!!