activemq-users mailing list archives

From Luis Matos <luf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does a timeout exist for Consumers?
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:07:22 GMT

Hi Gary,

First of all, thanks for the answer. In the meantime, I've tried to use the
5.4-SNAPSHOT using the maven plugin and pointing to apache.snapshots or to
codehaus snapshots like this:

 <pluginRepositories>
     <pluginRepository>
      <id>Codehaus Snapshots</id>
      <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/</url>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </snapshots>
      <releases>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </releases>
    </pluginRepository>
     <pluginRepository>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <url>http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/</url>
      <releases>
        <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
      </snapshots>
    </pluginRepository>
 </pluginRepositories>

I can actually run 5.4-SNAPSHOT, but not when adding the policy. When I add
the police to the activemq.xml, like this:

		<destinationPolicy>
		      <policyMap>
		        <policyEntries>
				<policyEntry queue="incoming-messages">
			            <dispatchPolicy>
			              <AbortSlowConsumerStrategy />
			            </dispatchPolicy>
				</policyEntry>
		        </policyEntries>
		      </policyMap>
		</destinationPolicy>

I get this error:

+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building iNuc-activemq
[INFO]    task-segment:
[org.apache.activemq.tooling:maven-activemq-plugin:5.4-SNAPSHOT:run]
[INFO]
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.activemq:activemq-core:5.4-SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from logicblaze.repo
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.apache.activemq:activemq-core:5.4-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from
repository: logicblaze.repo due to an error: Error transfer
ring file: Connection reset
[INFO] Repository 'logicblaze.repo' will be blacklisted
[INFO] [activemq:run {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] Loading broker configUri:
xbean:file:./src/main/resources/activemq.xml
Jun 16, 2010 3:54:19 PM
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext
prepareRefresh
INFO: Refreshing
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext@970c0e:
display name
[org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext@970c0e];
startup
date [Wed Jun 16 15:54:19 CEST 2010]; root of context hierarchy
Jun 16, 2010 3:54:19 PM
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader
loadBeanDefinitions
INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from URL
[file:./src/main/resources/activemq.xml]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to start ActiveMQ Broker

Embedded error: Unrecognized xbean element mapping:
AbortSlowConsumerStrategy in namespace
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core

The question is, what am I doing wrong? Is there anywhere else I should be
looking for the 5.4-SNAPSHOT ?