activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eibwen <gwal...@sedonatek.com>
Subject Re: Server configuration port - Virtual hosts
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:43:45 GMT

I found the answer, it is possible if you have multiple IPs on the machine.

Once you have the second IP setup for the machine, follow this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954874 [title: IIS binds to all IP addresses
on a server when you install IIS 7.0 on Windows Server 2008] (there are
similar guides for previous IIS versions as well)

Then you can specify the ip and port you want to bind to by changing
<transportConnector name="httpConn" uri="http://0.0.0.0:80"/>
<transportConnector name="httpConn" uri="http://xxx.xxx.x.x:80"/>  (Where
xxx.xxx.x.x is the IP that was added to the machine)

Then ActiveMQ should be able to start up without any exceptions.

I did not pursue having IIS forward it because I didn't see any setting
similar to what i wanted, but I still think one could at least write a small
webapp that would forward the requests for you.