activemq-users mailing list archives

From radha_mit <Radhakrishn...@ivycomptech.com>
Subject activeMQ broker for our useCases
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:18:26 GMT

We want to have a messaing system, which has the following needs
	. persistent messages at about 300 / sec  and
	  non persistent messages at about 2000 / sec.

The broker must run for 30-40 days without any hiccups and no message loss
must be there.

in the tests we conducted, we found that activeMQ supports all these things
except long running in case of persistent messages.
We used AMQpersistence store as the persistent store and activeMQ 5.3.0 was
used.

Our persistent use case is this :  one producer publishing messages to a
topic and 9-10 subscribers subscribing to it.

We ran this scenario and activeMQ slowed down after 30 hrs.we killed the
broker.

however, during the middle of the run, i killed one consumer by mistake.
however, messages meant for that consumer were pending in the disk and at
the time of killing the broker, the pending messages were nearly 5 GB. is it
because of this the broker slowed down ?

With respect to non persistent messages, the broker was fine even after 3
days of running and we stopped the broker.

Can you tell us whether the broker going slow is expected or is it because
of the size piling on the disk ?
Also, can you tell us what topology will be the best in implementing this ?
( we want to use network of brokers since it is faster than the JDBC one ) .
Should we have separate broker for persistent messaging and non persistent
messaging ?