activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eibwen <gwal...@sedonatek.com>
Subject Server configuration port - Virtual hosts
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 19:30:40 GMT

I need to have a website running in IIS on port 80, and message queue on port
80.  Is that possible?
They would have different DNS addresses, and can have multiple IPs for the
machine.
Or at least both of them accessible from a port 80 request.  Is there some
way to have a virtual host between IIS and ActiveMQ or anything?

The main help i need is simply which direction should i explore for this, i
should be able to figure out the specific configuration myself after i know
what direction should work.

>From my basic knowledge in the area I would think it is not possible, but
i'm being told to see if i can find any solution.  My thought would be it
should be possible to run the message queue on say port 81, and have IIS
forward any traffic that goes to its DNS to that port, but i really have no
clue how to configure IIS to do that either.

This is on a Windows Server 2007 box.

The reason for this is that the producer for the message queue is behind a
strict firewall that we can't get anything but http on port 80 to work, and
we seem to not have enough servers to dedicate one to a message queue on
port 80.

Thanks for any help you can give me.