activemq-users mailing list archives

From snicoll <stephane.nic...@gmail.com>
Subject No redelivery after rollback on a Topic
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 19:23:50 GMT

Hi guys,

I am trying to get redelivery work with a Topic using the latest ActiveMQ
standalone release. I am using 5.3.2 with all the default settings. I have
create a topic with a related DLQ. I also have create a queue and a related
DLQ with a similar config.

My application is using Spring and BTM to have JTA transaction running in
Tomcat. This all works fine both for the receive and the send part. The
delivery mode of my message is persistent (i.e. 2).

When I receive a message on a Topic and I throw an exception, I can see that
the related exception is rolledback. However the message is not redelivered
to me at all. I don't have this behavior with a Queue (the same setup with a
queue works just fine, I have my number of redeliveries as configured on the
CF and the message is put on the DLQ after that).

Any reason why this does not work for a topic?

Thanks
St├ęphane