activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to detect on server side when queue manager has gone away?
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:23:56 GMT
On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 10:53 +0100, andrew.marlow@uk.bnpparibas.com
wrote:
> I am using AMQ-cpp without the failover feature, good though that feature
> is. I am concerned with hwo to detect when the Q mgr has gone away. On the
> client side I have found that if I send a message when the broker is no
> longer running I get an exception. This enables me to test and recover on
> the client side. But I am not sure what to do on the server side.
>
> The client side is easy because I can send a special message which I can
> rig the server to ignore. But the server is just sitting on a consumer
> receive and does not seem to get an exception when the broker goes away.
> Unlike  the client I can't write a message. The server only writes replies
> to requests and does so using a temporary Q. So I wonder what cn be
> done....
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew Marlow

What version of ActiveMQ-CPP are you using?  I'd expect that if you are
using the 3.1 releases and haven't disabled the inactivity monitor that
the server would get an exception on its receive call when the
inactivity monitor times out the connection.

Regards
Tim.

> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is prohibited.

> Please refer to http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H
 for additional disclosures.