activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ problem with closing a connection that has a MessageListener attached
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 17:52:26 GMT
On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:29 AM, jid1jid1 <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have the following setup:
> JMSClient - ActiveMQ 5.3.1
> JMSServer - ActiveMQ 5.3.0
> I create a QueueConnection-> QueueSession -> MessageConsumer
> I set my messageListener on the MessageConsumer and use conn.start() to
> flush
> If my queue has messages, When I try to remove the messageListener or even
> just CLOSE the connection, I get a deadlock.
> If the queue is empty, everything works as expected.
> Seems like a bug to me. Has anyone experienced this before?

I suggest that you walk through the ActiveMQ examples:

Although the examples are very basic, they serve as a very good smoke
test to determine if messages are flowing through the broker
correctly. I know that these examples work correctly so I'm willing to
bet that there is something about your implementation that just needs
some fixing.

ActiveMQ in Action:

View raw message