activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KahaDB failure with Active MQ 5.4 snapshot
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 16:43:47 GMT
When you get that NPE, is it recoverable or do you have some data that can
reproduce, I tried a bunch of variants of unit tests around that area of the
code but could not reproduce.

On 31 May 2010 10:27, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have upgraded from 5.3.x series to a snapshot version because we
> got several KahaDB errors. It was fine for a long time but then we
> suddenly had an KahaDB error again. Any idea where is this coming
> from? I assume its again something on creating index or such.
>
> Thanks for any tips,
> Christian
>
>
> Java Runtime: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_10 /usr/java/jre1.6.0_10
>  Heap sizes: current=8896k  free=7231k  max=699072k
>    JVM args: -Xmx768M
> -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
> -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
>
> -Dactivemq.classpath=/opt/batchjobs/apache-activemq-5.4-SNAPSHOT-master/conf;
> -Dactivemq.home=/opt/batchjobs/apache-activemq-5.4-SNAPSHOT-master
> -Dactivemq.base=/opt/batchjobs/apache-activemq-5.4-SNAPSHOT-master
> ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /opt/batchjobs/apache-activemq-5.4-SNAPSHOT-master
> ACTIVEMQ_BASE: /opt/batchjobs/apache-activemq-5.4-SNAPSHOT-master
> Loading message broker from: xbean:activemq.xml
>  INFO |
> PListStore:/opt/batchjobs/col3fo/apache-activemq-5.4-SNAPSHOT-master/data/broker-production-master/tmp_storage
> started
>  INFO | Using Persistence Adapter:
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.KahaDBPersistenceAdapter@63779885
>  INFO | Replayed 28 operations from the journal in 0.037 seconds.
>  INFO | ActiveMQ 5.4-SNAPSHOT JMS Message Broker
> (broker-production-master) is starting
>  INFO | For help or more information please see:
> http://activemq.apache.org/
>  INFO | Scheduler using directory: activemq-data/scheduler
>  INFO | Listening for connections at: tcp://l00sr329:61610
>  INFO | Connector openwire Started
>  INFO | ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (broker-production-master,
> ID:l00sr329-36140-1275296510105-0:0) started
>  INFO | Logging to
> org.slf4j.impl.JCLLoggerAdapter(org.eclipse.jetty.util.log) via
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Slf4jLog
>  INFO | jetty-7.0.1.v20091125
>  INFO | ActiveMQ WebConsole initialized.
>  INFO | Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'dispatcher'
>  INFO | ActiveMQ Console at http://0.0.0.0:8160/admin
>  INFO | Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8160
> ERROR | Failed to fill batch
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.kahadb.index.BTreeNode$BTreeIterator.findNextPage(BTreeNode.java:109)
>        at
> org.apache.kahadb.index.BTreeNode$BTreeIterator.hasNext(BTreeNode.java:120)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.KahaDBStore$KahaDBMessageStore$5.execute(KahaDBStore.java:240)
>        at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.execute(Transaction.java:728)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.KahaDBStore$KahaDBMessageStore.recoverNextMessages(KahaDBStore.java:235)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.QueueStorePrefetch.doFillBatch(QueueStorePrefetch.java:97)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.fillBatch(AbstractStoreCursor.java:253)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.reset(AbstractStoreCursor.java:106)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.StoreQueueCursor.reset(StoreQueueCursor.java:157)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.doBrowse(Queue.java:850)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.expireMessages(Queue.java:632)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.access$100(Queue.java:89)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue$2.run(Queue.java:122)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.SchedulerTimerTask.run(SchedulerTimerTask.java:33)
>        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
> ERROR | Failed to fill batch
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.fillBatch(AbstractStoreCursor.java:256)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.reset(AbstractStoreCursor.java:106)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.StoreQueueCursor.reset(StoreQueueCursor.java:157)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.doBrowse(Queue.java:850)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.expireMessages(Queue.java:632)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.access$100(Queue.java:89)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue$2.run(Queue.java:122)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.SchedulerTimerTask.run(SchedulerTimerTask.java:33)
>        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.kahadb.index.BTreeNode$BTreeIterator.findNextPage(BTreeNode.java:109)
>        at
> org.apache.kahadb.index.BTreeNode$BTreeIterator.hasNext(BTreeNode.java:120)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.KahaDBStore$KahaDBMessageStore$5.execute(KahaDBStore.java:240)
>        at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.execute(Transaction.java:728)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.KahaDBStore$KahaDBMessageStore.recoverNextMessages(KahaDBStore.java:235)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.QueueStorePrefetch.doFillBatch(QueueStorePrefetch.java:97)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.fillBatch(AbstractStoreCursor.java:253)
>        ... 9 more
> ERROR | Problem retrieving message for browse
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.reset(AbstractStoreCursor.java:109)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.StoreQueueCursor.reset(StoreQueueCursor.java:157)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.doBrowse(Queue.java:850)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.expireMessages(Queue.java:632)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.access$100(Queue.java:89)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue$2.run(Queue.java:122)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.SchedulerTimerTask.run(SchedulerTimerTask.java:33)
>        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.fillBatch(AbstractStoreCursor.java:256)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.reset(AbstractStoreCursor.java:106)
>        ... 8 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.kahadb.index.BTreeNode$BTreeIterator.findNextPage(BTreeNode.java:109)
>        at
> org.apache.kahadb.index.BTreeNode$BTreeIterator.hasNext(BTreeNode.java:120)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.KahaDBStore$KahaDBMessageStore$5.execute(KahaDBStore.java:240)
>        at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.execute(Transaction.java:728)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.KahaDBStore$KahaDBMessageStore.recoverNextMessages(KahaDBStore.java:235)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.QueueStorePrefetch.doFillBatch(QueueStorePrefetch.java:97)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.fillBatch(AbstractStoreCursor.java:253)
>        ... 9 more
>



-- 
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message