activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Minutello, Nick" <>
Subject Out of memory error with Topics/subscribers....
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 18:43:34 GMT

Our ActiveMQ broker is running out of memory quite consistently - and
the cause seems to be related to Topics/Subscriptions.
We are using a non-durable subscription.
We happen to have only 1 consumer - and when we change the destination
to be a queue, this OOME seems to stop. Which might lead me to believe
the producers are not overrunning the consumer...
This is using AMQ 5.3.0 & tcp connection.

There is an (alarmingly old & unresolved) issue that appears to be
related to this.

I will see if I can write a small example that reproduces the problem,
but until then; any ideas/advice?
Any further information/metrics I should collect? Is this a
suspected/known issue?