activemq-users mailing list archives

From nabblechuk <maklymc...@gmail.com>
Subject Browsing sent messages on a topic as RSS
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 18:19:51 GMT

Hello there,

I would appreciate any advice that you could give me as I am completely new
to ActiveMQ and am not sure if it is the best service to use for what I am
trying to do. A bit of background:

-Want to use ActiveMQ in conunction with Kaazing for a website I am
building.
-Want to implement forum like functionality with real-time updates: User
clicks on a topic, a new page opens with roughly the last 20 posts, and the
list of posts updates in real-time via STOMP/Kaazing/ActiveMQ.
-The website will be built in C#/ASP.NET, MS SQL Server 2008

The problem that I am having is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to
browse the last 20 or so messages sent to a topic. It is easy enough to
browse the messages in a queue, but once they are consumed they can't be
seen anymore.

I can think of only two ways to do this:

1. Either configure jdbc persistence so that it writes every sent message to
my sql server database, and then generate a feed of last 20 mnessages posted
on the ASP.NET/C# side.

2. When a user sends a message to ActiveMQ, also send that same message to
asp.net and write it to swl server so that a feed can be generated there.

Is either of these options possible, what kind of performance could I
expect? Or am I just trying to do something with ActiveMQ that it was never
intended to do?

Thank you in advance,

~Matt