activemq-users mailing list archives

From KRISHNAS <krishna_see...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Dead letter queue not being created
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 23:38:15 GMT

Gary

We have this issue with persistent messages.

We are using ActiveMQ 5.3.2.  We defined persistence adaptor as below:

 	<persistenceAdapter>
		<jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#mysql-ds"/>
	</persistenceAdapter>

Our persistent messages are storing FINE in the 'activemq_msgs' table in the
DB (verified by select statement). We also see the messages thru the Web
console.

After 6 failure attempts;
   When we check the web Console; the messages are moved from our Queue to
"ActiveMQ.DLQ"  queue.
BUT when we check the DB, the messages are NOT exist in the 'activemq_msgs'
table. They are removed completely.  We expect those need to be exist with
the  container name "queue://ActiveMQ.DLQ".

Since the DLQ messages are not persisted in DB,  We are loosing them for
Broker restart.

This happens in 5.3.1 & 5.3.2 releases.  NOT in 5.3.0.
I mean in 5.3.0, the DLQ messages are persisting in the permanent DB
storage.

What is the expected behavior?

Thank you,
Krishna.