activemq-users mailing list archives

From gondor771 <...@mips.com.hr>
Subject Forwarding bridge - connect at need feature ?
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 08:49:40 GMT

Hi,

I am using "forwarding bridge" in many-to-one configuration. Many ActiveMQ
clients (just plain ActiveMQ local server acting as a buffer) will be
forwarding several queues defined with staticallyIncludedDestinations to
central (remote) ActiveMQ. So far, experiments confirm that all is working
fine.

However there is one problem with forwarding bridge - it keeps TCP/IP
connection all the time. As there could be really many ActiveMQ clients =>
that will kill network router with overload of active TCP/IP connections.

Most of these ActiveMQ clients will be idle 99% of the time (no data in
queues to forward).

Is there a way to configure client ActiveMQ in forwarding bridge mode to
connect to remote server ONLY when there is something to be sent (and
disconnect when done, eg queue empty) ?

Can that be done by configuration or the only option is coding an
application ?

PS. Google did not help me on this one.:-(

Tom