activemq-users mailing list archives

From gnanda <gitanjali.na...@phaseforward.com>
Subject Re: activemq network of brokers
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 21:29:19 GMT

Hi All,

I have 2 brokers running in two diffrent network with firewall in between. I
have static ip address specified to connect to each other. If I add another
broker to this cluster then I need to add this new ip address to this cluser
of network configuration.
To avoid this I am thinking if  I could use shared virtual IP .
If I create a shared virtual IP address for the brokers in the same network
and use it  in my  network of broker configuration as below, would it work?
networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://vip1:61616)"
The message routed to the VIP would go to both these brokers? which means it
will be  duplicated?
or if one broker receives it then the other broker will ignore it?

Is anyone used shared virtual IP address in network of broker configuration?

Any  suggestion or help on this would be highly appreciated.
Thank you