activemq-users mailing list archives

From gnanda <gitanjali.na...@phaseforward.com>
Subject Re: activemq network of brokers
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 14:12:29 GMT

If I create virtual IP for the list of brokers in both the networks, would
that work providing virtual ip addresses in my static configuration?
for example
network1 - I have ip1, ip2 connected using multicast and they have virtual
IP  let's say VIP1
network2 - I have ip3, ip4 connected using multicast and they have virtual
IP  let's say VIP2
brokers in network 1 and network2 would connect using static configuration

Does the below configuration ?(broker config resides in network1)look
correct?
I have two networkconnectors defined. Would that work?
What should be networkTTL value here?

<networkConnectors>
<networkConnector uri="multicast://default"
            dynamicOnly="true"
            networkTTL="4"
            prefetchSize="1"
            decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true" />

          <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://vip2:61616)"
            dynamicOnly="true"
            networkTTL="4"
            prefetchSize="1"
            decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"
                duplex="true" />
        </networkConnectors>

Please suggest

Reagrding multicast configuration, I think tehre is way to allow selective
multicast thru the firewall associated with some security policy but not
sure how and also not sure if that works whether it will work in activemq
land or not.