activemq-users mailing list archives

From Travers Snyman <travers.sny...@epiuse.com>
Subject Unable to configure embedded broker activemq 5.3.x
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 07:11:00 GMT

I am unable to get the right configuration for an embedded broker to start
configuring with spring.

In my pom.xml I have the following dependancy for activemq
       <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
            <artifactId>activemq-core</artifactId>
            <version>5.3.2</version>
        </dependency>

My Jms-context.xml contains the following for the broker

 	<!--  create an embedded ActiveMQ Broker -->
 	 <amq:broker brokerName="glims-broker" start="true" useJmx="false"
persistent="true">

	 	 <amq:persistenceAdapter>
		    <amq:amqPersistenceAdapter directory="d:\activemq\data"
		        maxFileLength="32mb"/>
		 </amq:persistenceAdapter>

		  <amq:transportConnectors>
		    <amq:transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
		  </amq:transportConnectors>

	</amq:broker>

I get the following exception when building:

Project ID: null:geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec:jar:1.0

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.geronimo.specs:specs for project:
null:geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec:jar:1.0 for project
null:geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec:jar:1.0

I also tried with activemq-all in the pom instead of activemq-core

        ... 21 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class [org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/osgi/framework/BundleException
        at
org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:115)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:61)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:877)
        ... 38 more
org/osgi/framework/BundleException
        at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.<init>(XBeanBrokerService.java:57)
Method)
        at
        at

I am at a loss as to the configuration. Do I need other dependencies in the
pom ?