activemq-users mailing list archives

From lilyruo <lily...@gmail.com>
Subject Activemq REST/AJax API with standalone message broker
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 16:12:35 GMT

I am using official Activemq REST/Ajax API which contains MessageServlet and
AjaxServlet in JBoss to communicate between a message broker and web
application. However, all the demo examples are using embedded broker. And I
also looked into the example webapp, and in web.xml file, it configures
brokerURL and embeddedBroker params. (I can't find a lot of documentation
about the params...)

 <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.activemq.brokerURL</param-name>
        <param-value>vm://localhost</param-value>
        <description>The URL of the Message Broker to connect
to</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.activemq.embeddedBroker</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value> (I tried setting this value to
false, but it doesn't work out...)
        <description>Whether we should include an embedded broker or
not</description>
    </context-param>

I want to have a standalone broker working with the MessageServlet and
AjaxServlet. How do I achieve that? Do I configure JNDI? Or ra.xml in
activemq-rar.rar?

Thank you so much for your kind help!

Lily