activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <>
Subject Re: Weird producer slow performance (with persistence)
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:36:05 GMT
That sounds like a disk limit as each send/commit will cause a file sync and
the client is blocked till that completes. With batching, things improve as
the disk writes coalesce.

It may be interesting to run this little disk benchmark that replicates the
kahaDB writer thread to quantity the effect of the sync on some difference

java -classpath lib/kahadb-5.3.1jar org.apache.kahadb.util.DiskBenchmark