activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KahaDB enableJournalDiskSyncs
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 10:05:09 GMT
That option enables a blocking fsync on every message enqueue as per the
spec durability requirement. With that option disabled, writes are
synced periodically in batches so in the event of a system crash is is
possible that an enqueue is not durable.
Using transactions is another way to avoid the fsync overhead on every
enqueue as it can be deferred till commit.