activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does a consumer connect to a specific message group?
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 20:25:27 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM, odysseyfx <info@bradwillard.com> wrote:

> I was reading the Message Group documentation, and it's very clear how you
> can post messages to a queue for a message group.  However, it's not clear
> how a Consumer reads from a specific message group.
>
> Should I just use a message selector for the JMSXGroupID?
>
> If that is true, then how is this different than just using a CorrelationID?
>
> My real problem is that when I try to send messages to different groups of
> consumers using correlation, but the messages were being received out of
> order, I was hoping using message groups would fix this, but I'm not clear
> how to use them properly.

The first consumer to receive a message with the JMSXGroupID property
will consume all messages for that specific message group until it
dies or until the message group sequence is reset. Consumers don't
choose the message group.

See the FAQ entry titled How do Message Groups compare to Selectors:

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-message-groups-compare-to-selectors.html

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/