activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tammer Salem <tammer.sa...@googlemail.com>
Subject AMQ integration with JBoss - Failover to TCP when trying to use VM protocol
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:31:39 GMT
Hello All,
I'm having some problems with my AMQ/JBoss integration. I've followed the
guide as specified on the site:
http://activemq.apache.org/integrating-apache-activemq-with-jboss.html

Everything works fine - except when I've come to fire a message (from within
JBoss) I expect it to use the vm:// protocol. Instead I get a failover
message and it tells me that it's using TCP instead.
First off it's great that it can recover from this and still actually send
out a message, but I feel like communicating over TCP/IP within the same VM
is a bit silly.

My question here is if I've defined the vm:// protocol in the ra.xml and my
data source file, does it also need to be configured in the
broker-config.xml as a separate broker?

regards,
Tammer