activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bridgin third party software using MQ
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 05:26:36 GMT
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Dixit Patel <dixit@finlogicindia.com> wrote:

> take for example I have purchased a software for life insurance from a vendor
> where i can make entry of policy, now i have another software running at
> remote server which has details in bulk so I want to automate those entry
> from another software, I don't have source code of that software. so what
> should I ask for from vendor and how I can make my software talk with
> vendor's software ?
>
> last option is that I pay vendor and make him develop web service for that.

I would ask the vendor if the system supports any external integration
points via an adapter or a particular protocol (e.g., web services,
FTP, etc.). Unless the system supports a manner in which external
systems can integrate via a known protocol, then the possibility of
integration is pretty low.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/