activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Pechorin <ivan.pecho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQConnection leaks memory by caching ActiveMQTempQueue objects
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:07:40 GMT
Hello,

2010/4/29 easyl <easy.lin@gmail.com>:
> AMQ 5.3 in Geronimo 2.2
>
> I found ActiveMQConnection always hold the ActiveMQTempQueue and should lead
> to memory leak,
> especially using massive send/reply through temp queues.
>
> I create a ticket here https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2716

There is something I don't get: in the ticket you wrote:
1) "the ActiveMQConnections are pooled"? and
2) "The 1.5G ActiveMQConnection objects and their referencing objects
stay in heap old generation and cannot be cleaned by GC."

If you do really pool your connections, how do you manage to create
the 1.5 GB of connection objects?

By the way, why do you use TCP transport for connection to embedded
ActiveMQ? Why not use VM transport, designed for exactly this purpose?

Best regards, Ivan