activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ running on Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:21:06 GMT
Hi James,

I belive that building a distro from the binary tarball is the best way to
go, as they should be in sync and we can create distros in the release
process.

I started experementing with unix-maven-plugin

http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/activemq/trunk/assembly/pom-rpm.xml?r=HEAD

but it doesn't behave quite as I expect. One other thing is that it needs to
be executed on the specific platform as it is just a wrapper for the native
commands. So, I'm thinking about doing it without maven as I don't see any
advantages of it.

BTW. I'll use https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2105 for all
related work in this area.

Thanks for your contribution and please post your comments.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net