activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recieving the same message 10 times, Spring, and Camel
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 03:46:52 GMT
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Steve Holmes <iamsteveholmes@gmail.com> wrote:

> It appears that it is the concurrent consumers setting.  Does anyone know how
> this should be set properly?  When I commented it out:
>
> <!--<property name="concurrentConsumers" value="10"/>-->
>
> I'm now only receiving the message once.  Shouldn't the messages only be
> pushed once to each consumer regardless of this setting?

Yes, and that is exactly what is happening. You specified 10 consumers
working concurrently on the same topic. With JMS topics, each
subscriber receives a copy of the every message on the topic. So, 1
message * 10 consumers = 10 messages in total.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder