activemq-users mailing list archives

From go canal <>
Subject Re: Topic Inheritance
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 04:20:38 GMT
this solves my chat room use case also, thanks. I did not realize this feature, did not remember
JMS has this.

A question wrt > and *, not very clear about these two: if I have,

are these two the same:>*

From: Rob Davies <>
Sent: Thu, April 15, 2010 8:51:50 AM
Subject: Re: Topic Inheritance

Yes - ActiveMQ supports destination hierarchies  - a '.' dot notation denotes an element in
the name.
To extend your example - say you had models too - to subscribe to all Ford cars - you would
use '>'.  e.g.>
You can use the '*' to subscribe to everything for
So to subscribe to cars - you would subscribe to the topic car.>
To subscribe to all cars of type mondeo - you would subscribe to car.*.modeo - or *.*.mondeo

Hope that makes sense ?