activemq-users mailing list archives

From go canal <goca...@yahoo.com>
Subject server load and performance : every 25sec polling from the clients ?
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:04:32 GMT
Hello,
I configured AjaxServlet and noticed that the client periodically poll the server, around
25 sec. Wondering if this is true and it will not create too much load on the server. I have
around concurrent 4000 users, for applications like chat, and other realtime data pushing
to the client (not frequent, can be once in 10 min or so).

I tried comet, it does not seem that the client is polling periodically. Why we implement
this differently ?
rgds,
canal