activemq-users mailing list archives

From davis <davisf...@gmail.com>
Subject STOMP queue names
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:59:48 GMT

Why must stomp queues be prefixed with the string "/queue/" ?

Is there any particular rhyme or reason to this naming strategy?  The reason
I ask is that I have implemented my own custom authentication and
authorization plugins, and I have implemented a JMX Mbean that allows me to
dynamically create queues and users with read/write permissions for those
queues.

Without going into a lot of detail, my implementation works great for
openwire where there is no such naming requirement, but fails when I connect
with a stomp client (i.e. user does not have ACL permission to read/write to
queue), and it has something to do with the implementation of
DefaultAuthorizationMap which is what I use as the backing implemenation for
my authorization plugin.  I think it has something to do with the prefix /
child / etc. naming hierarchy -- where stomp queues are uniquely prefixed.
I have not been able to fully grok what the issue is yet, but I was
wondering if this particular issue may ring a bell for someone on the list
-- would love to hear about it...