activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Martin C." <>
Subject XA and setMessageListener()?
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:50:56 GMT

I am trying to use Atomikos-based JTA together with Spring to use
distributed transactions.

Sending messages in an atomic way works fine, as the transaction is started
before sending a message via the message producer.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get asynchronous message listeners (i.e. using
setMessageListener()) to work, as this will fail with "Session's XAResource
has not been enlisted in a distributed transaction." in

Is it possible to have ActiveMQ automatically start a distributed
transaction when a new message arrives or is using setMessageListener() a
no-go when using JTA?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,