activemq-users mailing list archives

From DAJ <shigg...@stubtaildesigns.com>
Subject ActiveMQ NMS duplicate NMSMessageIDs received
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 04:39:08 GMT

I noticed that when receiving a message the providerSequenceID is being
stripped from the unique message id which is returned by NMSMessageID. In
doing so it appears to my application that I receive duplicate messages.

Example:

Client A:

Creates 3 messages with IDs

ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1:1
ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1:2
ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1:3

Client B:

When receiving the messages the IDs look like:

ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1
ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1
ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1

Thus to Client B it appears to be receiving duplicate message especially
since the providerSequenceID is not exposed as any property.

Can someone please explain why any part of the unique message id is being
stripped off?

Thanks in advance.