activemq-users mailing list archives

From TonyTobin <>
Subject JDBC Master Slave Cluster question
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:02:04 GMT

I am looking into clustering ActiveMQ brokers, the Master and Slave approach
seems the best approach.

One Master one or more slaves depending on the cluster.

I have discounted the pure master slave since to restart the master you have
to take the slave down.

So I am looking at the JDBC Master Slave Cluster.

If I understand it correctly. messages are sent to the master persisted to
the database. If A Master goes down a slave that aquires the database lock
takes over.

What happens to messages still in the queues that have not yet been
persisted being recieved or sent.

Are they lost, can a slave be configured to take over the Masters queues,
does this happen automatically.

Are there any links that cover clustering in depth.

Thanks for any help