activemq-users mailing list archives

From iocanel <canel...@upstreamsystems.com>
Subject Re: Why doesn't a vm://localhost broker appear in the admin web console?
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:43:01 GMT

keith doyle wrote:

> For senders and listeners this works fine but you don't see the any
> details being listed in the admin web console which I would do if i
> changed the broker to tcp://127.0.0.1:61616 ....

Hi Keith, keep in mind that when using vm transport if the broker is not
found a new one is created. If your web console can't find the broker vm it
will create its own broker.

How can it not find it?
Mostly due to class loader reasons.

An easy way to avoid this from happening is to append the parameter
create=false in the connection url (e.g. vm://localhost?create=false). If it
still can find the broker you will have to troubleshoot the classloading
issue.

-----
Ioannis Canellos