activemq-users mailing list archives

From keith doyle <waterf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why doesn't a vm://localhost broker appear in the admin web console?
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:17:21 GMT

Hi Dejan,
Thank you so much for taking time out to reply, I'm not really sure how to
do this (excuse my stupidity) but in my activemq.conf I have a broker
"localhost"

<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">

   <kahaDB directory="${activemq.base}/data/kahadb"/>
      :
      :

In my spring config I have specified the broker like so:

	<amq:connectionFactory id="amqConnectionFactory" brokerURL="vm://localhost"
/>
	<bean id="connectionFactory"
class="org.springframework.jms.connection.CachingConnectionFactory">
    	<constructor-arg ref="amqConnectionFactory" />
    	<property name="exceptionListener" ref="jmsExceptionListener" />
    	<property name="sessionCacheSize" value="40" />
	</bean>

 etc...

I would have assumed that while both processes are not running in the same
vm that the messages are being sent to /data/kahadb and that there would be
someway to monitor activity based on this?

Anyway would be grateful if it were possible to post an example (or link) to
some config which does this?

Thanks again!
Keith