activemq-users mailing list archives

From opernas <oper...@indra.es>
Subject ActiveMQ-CPP why .lib is needed?
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:40:35 GMT

In windows with VS 2005 I've compiled all apr utils and activemq and all went
fine. Now Im running my code and while it is linking I see:

Error	1	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void
__cdecl activemq::library::ActiveMQCPP::initializeLibrary(void)"
(?initializeLibrary@ActiveMQCPP@library@activemq@@SAXXZ) referenced in
function "public: __thiscall AMQConsumer::AMQConsumer(class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > const &,class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > const &,class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,bool,bool)"
(??0AMQConsumer@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@000_N1@Z)
AMQConsumer.obj

Error	2	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void
__cdecl activemq::library::ActiveMQCPP::shutdownLibrary(void)"
(?shutdownLibrary@ActiveMQCPP@library@activemq@@SAXXZ) referenced in
function "public: void __thiscall AMQConsumer::close(void)"
(?close@AMQConsumer@@QAEXXZ)	AMQConsumer.obj

... and more....

Do I need to put libactivemq-cpp.lib into the project? I wouldn't want to
use statics library, are there any problem with my compilation? If I put in
additional dependencies this libs:ws2_32.lib libapr-1.lib libaprutil-1.lib
libactivemq-cpp.lib, all goes fine, any idea?