activemq-users mailing list archives

From "smays@edmunds.com" <sm...@edmunds.com>
Subject Re: Failover and Fail BACK
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:05:52 GMT

Hello there,
NFS v3 is NOT required.  The problem identified is a failure in lock
management due to SOME implementations of NFS v3 having "soft" locking.  If
your kernel supports "i'm serious, I'm locking you mr. file" AND you put the
correct settings on your server and client to ensure that you never have
hung locks it will all work fine.

Settings example:
in /etc/exports on server:
/messages *(secure,rw,sync,no_root_squash)

in /etc/fstab on clients:
nas:/messages           /messages       nfs
rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,bg,intr,nfsvers=3,tcp,timeo=14