activemq-users mailing list archives

From mjustin <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ running on Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:52:39 GMT

a public image file (AMI) with Apache ActiveMQ 5.3.1 on Ubuntu Linux 9.10 is
online now. It has the AMI ID ami-8df21ce4. Public means everybody with an
AWS account can launch it. Costs depend on the instance size and running
time, starting at less than $0.1/hour.

A short tutorial is available at

This is my first work in EC2, so if it does not work as expected, I would be
very happy about feedback.

If everything works fine my next goal is to implement a public 'on demand'
service, where users without an AWS account can use a simple web page or
HTTP/SMTP/... API to launch the image for a short evaluation time (one hour
or less).

Have a nice weekend,

Michael Justin
betasoft - Software for Delphi™ and for the Java™ platform -