activemq-users mailing list archives

From "smays@edmunds.com" <sm...@edmunds.com>
Subject Failover and Fail BACK
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 22:14:14 GMT

Hello there! We are using 5.3.1 deployed as a HA failover cluster via an NFS
mount.

We are able to kill a broker (which we are calling the HOT broker) and get a
second broker (or COLD broker) to take over with only a few messages lost in
transition (353 out of 1.3 Million) which are chalking up to "was in transit
in memory on the way to the NFS server". However, if we restart the HOT
broker it waits for the exclusive lock and if we kill the COLD broker (which
is then the live broker) we get what looks like either KahaDB or
persistent-store corruption and are unable to continue until we stop both
brokers, rm -rf the store/data directory then restart the HOT broker.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Anyone know what we could do to make it
fail BACK to HOT without failure?

Next up for us will be HA failover with network of brokers and we'll post
how we did it with an NFS mount when we get it to work!

Thank you all!

Steve Mays
Edmunds.com