activemq-users mailing list archives

From mattcodes <m...@mattfreeman.co.uk>
Subject Relationship between Producer, Session and Connection.
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 11:12:53 GMT

In a (ASP.Net/c#) web-app I want to pump messages to an ActiveMQ queue
(nothing complicated - no native transactions etc..). Reading various FAQs
etc.. I figure I should create a pool of say 50 message producers, each with
their own session and own connection for the best performance. i.e. a 1 to 1
relation between producer --> session and session --> connection. Is this
the optimal setup? When would this be problematic?  Obviously Id have to
implement the pooling myself since there's no ActiveMQ pool lib for .Net?

Alternatively I thought about pooling Session (with 1to1 with connection)
and then creating the producer on each request? The overhead of this is
about 9ms I tested, which isnt that far off pulling from a pool,