activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transport failed: java.io.EOFException
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:22:14 GMT
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Cristian Botiza
<Cristian.Botiza@endava.com> wrote:
> I notice this error (logged as debug) from time to time in the AMQ logs:
>
> java.io.EOFException
>  at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(Unknown Source)
>  at org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:267)
>  at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:156)
>  at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:136)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> I'm using AMQ 4.1.2. Maybe this is expected behavior? Or has it been fixed in later versions?

It's difficult to say why this exception is being thrown without a lot
more detail. Not only the exception a generic one, but it also
provides no guidance about the actual cause. Are you able to
consistently reproduce this exception or does it happen randomly?

FWIW, ActiveMQ 4.1.2 is about three years old now and no more fixes
for the 4.x version will be released. If possible you might want to
consider upgrading to the latest release which is currently 5.3.1.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder