activemq-users mailing list archives

From Márcio Geovani Jasinski <marci...@gmail.com>
Subject One Sender - Many Receivers behavior
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 19:41:14 GMT
Hi,

I´m having a interesting behavior with JMS and MQ components since last
week.
Basically we did a Send/Receiver program to test if it´s many consumers
could process the content published in one queue. The example works pretty
well when sender is running together with all receiver instances.

The strange thing happen when:
1. Start ONE producer and fill a queue with 100000 messages - then producer
is done (Running but not sending).
2. Start TREE consumers to share the content of messages in the queue.

In the beginning all instances are able to consume few messages from the
queue. But after a long time, just consumer number ONE will pull data from
the queue. Even when the queue contains thousand of messages!
The problem happens faster when I stop all consumers after few messages
pulled from the queue. When I restart all receivers, just instance number
one keep working...

This scenario happens with activemq and also with Glassfish MQ.

It´s looks like the broker doesn´t reconizer more than one receiver when
sender isn´t publishing any messages.

Does anybody had this problem before?

Thanks.

Regards.