activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <>
Subject Re: Can I allow storing of JMS msg in Queue but deny fetching them?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:55:58 GMT
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:31 AM, BenXS <> wrote:
> For a certain Queue (e.g. myqueue123) I would like to allow producers to
> store new JMS messages
> but not for Consumers to retrieve them.
> How can I achieve this? In other words: Which parameter do I have to set in
> which confg file?

There's no explicit way in which to deny consumers the ability to
consume messages if they're subscribed to the queue from the broker
point of view. Such a thing is handled on the consumer-side to filter
relevant messages using message selectors. Message selector
expressions filter messages using message properties. Then the
consumer will only consume messages that match the selector

ActiveMQ in Action:

View raw message