activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MasterSlave | Spring + Camel + ActiveMQ + C3P0 + Oracle
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 15:37:53 GMT
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:21 AM, juhasiltanen <juhasiltanen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply!
>
> It is now working as it should, I combined the properties we had with the
> properties you had. Only one property needed to be excluded and it was
> unreturnedConnectionTimeout.
>
> Do you have an idea why this property is causing a failure to acquire a lock
> / conenction failure?

>From the c3p0 docs:

'The unreturnedConnectionTimeout property defines a limit (in seconds)
to how long a Connection may remain checked out. If set to a nozero
value, unreturned, checked-out Connections that exceed this limit will
be summarily destroyed, and then replaced in the pool. Obviously, you
must take care to set this parameter to a value large enough that all
intended operations on checked out Connections have time to complete.
You can use this parameter to merely workaround unreliable client apps
that fail to close() Connections.'

So this feature in c3p0 is working as it should. For more info see:

http://www.mchange.com/projects/c3p0/index.html

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/