activemq-users mailing list archives

From Josh Carlson <jcarl...@e-dialog.com>
Subject prefetch=0 does not work with Stomp client?
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:14:02 GMT
I am using a Stomp client with ActiveMQ 5.3.0. I have some slow
consumers and find that they wind up locking up messages in the dispatch
queue even when are other consumers available to consume the messages. I
believe prefetch is the cause of this problem.

What I would like to do is set prefetch=0 so that messages only get
dispatched when we actually ask for them by reading on the socket
connection. However, setting prefetch=0 results in no messages being
dispatched at all.

Is prefetch=0 suppose to work with STOMP? Are there any additional
server side settings required to make it work?

Thanks

-Josh