activemq-users mailing list archives

From foucault <>
Subject Re: updating from 5.3.0 -> 5.3.1 now the admin console's not working
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:52:12 GMT

> so in short, as of updating to 5.3.1 the admin console never shows up,
> netstat doesn't show anything running on port 8161, although the logs tell
> me it has been launched.  anyone else encounter this problem?

I just double-checked this with the 5.3.1 binary tarball from the
release and the admin console is working just fine. If you download a
fresh binary, expand it and run it without modifying the activemq.xml,
does the admin console work for you?

perl -e 'print

ActiveMQ in Action:

Indeed, it works as expected.
fiddling around between the base config and my own I think I have narrowed
it down.

this works in 5.3.0
      <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://"/>
but in 5.3.1 it only works like this
      <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://"/>
If i start it in 5.3.1 with the proper bind address (, Something
gets stuck. I can only kill the java process with kill -9, but... the
program works, just without the admin interface.

we are currently using 5.3.0 without issue.