activemq-users mailing list archives

From siegeld <>
Subject Duplicate message add attempt rejected
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:26:17 GMT

I'm having trouble networking two brokers together.  What I want to do is
make the two brokers function as virtually one.  One broker is at one site,
another at a different location.  Thus, I need a bi-directional connection.
That is, if I publish to a topic on brokerA I want subscribers to get the
messages on both brokerA and brokerB, and vice versa.

My configuration works, but I keep getting the following kind of error in my

WARN | Duplicate message add attempt rejected. Message id:

I've configured each activemq-5.3 server with the following network

       <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to
            <networkConnector name="brokerB"
uri="static://(tcp://brokerB:61616)" duplex="false"/>

     <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to -->
            <networkConnector name="brokerA"
uri="static://(tcp://brokerA:61616)" duplex="false"/>

So, this somehow results in a message loop.  What I am trying to do is
pretty simple, so I must have a totally incorrect understanding of how you
create a network of brokers.

Thanks for any help!