activemq-users mailing list archives

From gng <gareth.g...@hp.com>
Subject Newbie Question: using REST to post a message
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:23:37 GMT

Hi,

I'm new to ActiveMQ and am trying to POST a message to a queue. I'm using
Poster (the Firefox add-on) and notice that although the message makes it to
the queue it has no body. Attempts to retrieve the message using HTTP GET
results in a HTTP 500 internal error message. Using the admin interface to
compose and send a message to the queue works fine and my HTTP GET also then
works in those cases.

I get the same result using curl (example below) :-

curl -d "hello word"
<http://myserver.com:8161/demo/message/myqueue?timeout=10000&type=queue"

Can anyone give any ideas what could be wrong ? Any ideas much appreciated.